Saturday, September 10

Survived the 1st Week!

It has been an exhausting first week of school but I'm loving every minute of it! I love my new school, my new teammates and my new third graders! One thing I've learned this week is that a good teacher is a good teacher regardless the school or grade! But I must say that my biggest fear is that I won't teach math effectively. So I've really been following my school systems curriculum framework for math. The first 3 weeks of school is spent reviewing addition and subtraction strategies and properties of addtion. So I used the posters they created(I had to make them cuter) and began teaching. I shared them below, please share your favorite method for reviewing addtion and subtraction facts!


Addition Strategy Posters

Subtraction Strategy Posters

Addition Properties