Sunday, September 4

Meet and Greet

So it's been a week since Irene hit Richmond and there are still people without electricity. We had an abbreviated teacher work week, we had to cram 5 days worth of meetings, professional development and classroom pret into 3 days. I will be going in on Labor Day to do lesson plans. I met 16 of my 26 third graders on Friday and this is what I had waiting for them.

Magic Confetti
I got this idea from Ms. Fiorini of Second Grade Locker Room . I have several versions on my classroom website.
This year I decided to make a card for the confetti. I used my Cricut Expressions Create a Critter cartridge to cut out a bookworm and apple. I used My Pink Stamper School Days  'Welcome Back' Stamp, blank cards, poems, small craft ziploc bags and hollywood confetti to match my theme, bought it from Oriental Trading.


 Thanks for Poppin in!
Pretty self explanatory. I created a 2x4 label with Thistlegirl Movie graphics and I stuck it to a bag of popcorn.