Sunday, September 9

Favorite First Lady Cookie

During the 2008 Election my teammates and I decided to hold an election using the Presidential Cookie Recipes from Family Circle.
Here's a picture of the team election bulletin board.

2nd Grade Election Results
 
Cookie A Recipe- Michelle Obama
 
Cookie B Recipe- Cindy McCain
 
 
I had such a blast doing this that I had to do it with my 3rd graders in my new school. I've created a document with the recipes and ballots. Last time I had 4 parent volunteers make the cookies and send them in. Each student got one of each cookie and marked their choice on the ballot. They placed the ballots in a ballot box and the teachers tallied them over night. The teachers annouced the winners the next day. *Beware of food allergies!*
Presidential Cookies
 
 
Do you think you'll use this idea in your classroom? What other election activities are you doing?