Sunday, January 6

Happy New Year: 2013


Quote from last year's blog post: "I've learned in church that we should have "SMART" goals....Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. Looking back at my goals from last year, I see I didn't accomplish not one... but I enter into this year with a renewed strength and passion that 2012 may be the year I accomplish the goal I set for myself as a young child... to become a wife!"

Wow... looks like I accomplished my goal!

Well God has blessed me to see another year and I do not take that lightly... we all know of someone who didn't live to see 2013 and I'm reminded daily to live a "purpose driven life."

Tomorrow starts my churches annual 21 Day Daniel Fast. Basically you give up meats, sweets and treats. I'm looking forward to having a more intimate relationship with God and putting my full trust in him and his plan for my life. If you would like more infomation about the fast click here http://www.faithandfamilychurch.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=245386, there's even a fast workbook you can download.
I've thought long and hard about my resolutions for a new year...
Personal:
1. Financial- Now that I'm married and Javaid and I have merged two lifestyles into one, I can make sure that we both are tithing faithfully, tracking our spending, and saving for our future.

2. Spiritual- Spend at least an hour a day with God-whether I'm praying or reading my bible or just listening for God to speak to me.

3. Physical- I sit here at 205lbs. Wow... I never thought I'd see 200 pounds but here it is. After the 21 day fast I'm looking to go back on Weight Watchers. Three years ago I lost 30 pounds, but then I lost my father and I soon learned that I was an emotional eater and at my feelings. My doctor told me to start with 10%... so if I can start off with 20 pounds and go from there, that'd be great.

4. Mental- read more!

5. Social- maintain the relationships with friends and family now that I'm married.

Professional:
1. Survive! (this was my resolution last year, I think I'll keep it!)

2. Try by best not to get stressed out.

3. Do the best I can do... I didn't birth these children and I can't take them home, but I can do the best that I know how!

4. Encourage my coworkers... whether it's a card, treat or small token of appreciation, I want to show them that they are appreciated.

5. Listen to my body! Many days I find myself at school when I'm sick and sometimes just plain worn out. I will take days off when I am not at my best and I will not feel guilty about it!

What are your resolutions?