Thursday, December 29

Happy New Year

 I saw this linky party over at "A Teacher's Treasure, I decided to join!  It is my first attempt at joining a linky party, so here it goes:
I've learned in church that we should have "SMART" goals....Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. Looking back at my goals from last year, I see I didn't accomplish not one... but I enter into this year with a renewed strength and passion that 2012 may be the year I accomplish the goal I set for myself as a young child... to become a wife! With that being said, here are my resolutions...

Personal:
1. Financial- I need to start saving for my wedding! No I'm not engaged, but my boyfriend and I have discussed being married by the end of 2012 so that gives me less than a year to get it together!

2. Spiritual- Spend at least an hour a day with God-whether I'm praying or reading my bible or just listening for God to speak to me.

3. Physical- I have to eat healthier and in turn, that should cause some weight loss, I've always been happy at a size 16 but I've also suffered from Hypertention for the last 9 years and that's not a good look!

4. Mental- read more! I received a Nook for Christmas and I'm already knee deep in reading new books!

5. Social- introduce myself to more members of my church (we have over 1,000) and continue to fellowship with the friends I've made.

Professional:
1. Survive! I transferred to a new school and I'm teaching a new
grade level, I'm in survival mode!

2. Stay out of the teacher's lounge!

3. Not stress out about state testing... this is my first year in a testing grade!

4. Do the best I can do... I didn't birth these children and I can't take them home, but I can do the best that I know how!

5. Create more of my own materials for 3rd grade, just like I did in 2nd grade.

What are your resolutions?